We all know that having a pet has many physical and psychological benefits, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded does it? Here are just a few:
- Pets improve your mood
- Pets help reduce blood pressure
- Dogs especially get you out doing some exercise
- Pets help reduce stress
- They keep you from feeling lonely
- People with cats are 30 to 40% less likely to die from cardiovasacular disease
- People with pets make fewer visits to the doctor
I found this poem that describes the very special place animals have when they leave us and how they are rewarded in heaven:
It's hard to lose a pet you love -
You miss it very much.
You'd like to hold it close again
And feel its furry touch.
But there's a place in heaven
For our special animal friends...
Day and night, there's angel light
and love that never ends.
God knows each dog and kitty cat,
And calls them by their names.
He fills up all their water bowls
And plays their favorite games.
The angels give them lots of hugs
And tickle all their tummies.
They teach them to do awesome tricks,
Then give them tasty yummies.
So may this furry angel friend
Remind you, 24/7
Your pet is happy, safe and sound,
In God's arms up in heaven.